ThreatsWatch LLC goes Live!
Bill Roggio, formerly of The Fourth Rail, Steve Schippert of The Word Unheard, and Marvin Hutchens of Little Red Blog have formed together to create ThreatsWatch.org. Founded by three veterans of the US armed services, ThreatsWatch's goal is encapsulated below:
"To best stand against these threats to life and liberty, a well informed and educated public is a necessity. To achieve a well informed and educated public, we believe that the press must be supported and further aided, rather than ignored, to bring clear and concise information to the forefront of the public's attention. Additionally, the observations of national security professionals must be delivered in a form more palatable to the average reader. For the open source community of non-professional advocates of security awareness, whose insights are often in finding the buried value in professional analysis, and for the public at large, the volume and variety of data before them is often at odds with their desire to understand."
ThreatsWatch has the content of the The Fourth Rail from Bill Roggio along with increased coverage of other national security issues. The website focuses on the following:
- Overview page with the following links
- NewsBrief - Covering the globe with links to top articles about world events
- Commentary - Editorial commentary from TWs principals
- InBrief - Look for Bill Roggio's posts from Iraq in December here along with top commentary on how the GWoT is progressing
- PrincipalAnalysis - Steve Schippert launches this section with a fisking of a Washington Post article on foreign insurgents in Iraq.
- Multimedia - The collection of Flash presentations from The Fourth Rail along with new visual content.
- RapidRecon - Quick reaction to world events with links to other blogger/news pieces.
Check it out.